Shion (Awakened) - Reveiw by Pyrot

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shion (Awakened) - Reveiw by Pyrot

Post  pyrot53 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:39 pm



A 0/2 lightning 1 drop with 2 mental power. Already seems playable, right? But then she has a beastly effect, by sacrificing herself she can take down one of your opponents turn 4 or lower ninjas, at the price of three battle rewards of course. Now that seems like a descent price for being able to kill strong ninjas. People may think she is bad because its a 1 for 1 and your opponent gets 3 battle rewards. However, her strengths are in how and what you use her in.

She can take out ninjas like Kankuro to take down whole teams for a turn, or kill a ninja in a team of two then your able to kill the other ninjas with Baki [Able Brained]. If you feel threatened by jutsus from your opponent, she can take down the users of those jutsus, if they are turn 4 or lower of course, such as Gaara [Immense Power] in unlimited. Simply the threat of Shion can cause your opponent not to lay one of thier powerful ninjas, which can work out to your advantage with her squad, Naruto Uzumaki & Shion.



This squad can be very powerful and shut down many decks. Calling turn 6 against Ghost Panic, trun 5 against Earth/Yamato Control, or turn 4 against Wind/IP/Baki-Lock and even against something you dont want to see or their next drop. Comboing this with Naruto's that have put in play effects like Naruto [Guard of the Prince] or Naruto [Legacy] then squading. You can even use Sakura's Decision on her to draw 2 then squad. Their stats are pretty powerful as well, rivaling that of Kanuro/Salamander in injured status.

Now move into what is a good idea to user her with...

She seems like a good card for earth, as it doesnt usually have to give up a whole lot of battle rewards early on with cards like the childhood advisers and Shino IW if it is splashed in, but she can get even better late game.



Comboing her with cards such as the First Hokage can give you quite an advantage. Letting your opponent play aggressively into a bad situation then dropping the First for his effect can turn the game into your favor. It makes her one drawback almost disappears and lets you swap one of your turn 1's for your opponents turn 4's.

Another great decktype for Shion is...


Medical.

She's a female that has 2 mental power so she can already be abused with Sakura's Decision and then squaded as previously stated. But with Medical deck's main card, Rules for Medical Ninja, once again her drawback disappears and can even become and advantage. You can take back the cards you gave up with Rules and having 4+ medical ninja in play and the effect of Rules can even stack so you can even grab all three of those Battle Rewards the turn you use her effect. She also combos well with Medical Ninja. You can kill one of your opponents medical ninjas as all medical ninja except for Tsunade have an entrance cost less than 4.

Overall Shion (Awakened) has many uses and is an amazing card. At first glance you may have though giving up 3 battle rewards would not be worth it, but think again, it can definitely be worth it. You dont even have to use her effect as her squad can be very deadly as well.

This card definitely makes it into my Top 5 cards of this set.

-Tom
avatar
pyrot53
ANBU
ANBU

Posts : 1370
Points : 1949
Join date : 2009-07-01
Age : 23

http://2ezforums.withboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Shion (Awakened) - Reveiw by Pyrot

Post  Password on Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:39 am

No credit to me? lol

Nice article though. I love all Shion's.
avatar
Password
ANBU
ANBU

Posts : 344
Points : 429
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 25
Location : Butler, PA

Back to top Go down

Re: Shion (Awakened) - Reveiw by Pyrot

Post  pyrot53 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:32 am

Password wrote:No credit to me? lol

Nice article though. I love all Shion's.

Sakuras Decision is credit to you, I didnt really see her as a decision fodder >.>
avatar
pyrot53
ANBU
ANBU

Posts : 1370
Points : 1949
Join date : 2009-07-01
Age : 23

http://2ezforums.withboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Shion (Awakened) - Reveiw by Pyrot

Post  [chemical.kirby] on Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:50 am

pyrot53 wrote:
Password wrote:No credit to me? lol

Nice article though. I love all Shion's.

Sakuras Decision is credit to you, I didnt really see her as a decision fodder >.>
i agree
and i never thought of using first with her
but who still uses that first?

[chemical.kirby]
Chunin
Chunin

Posts : 112
Points : 124
Join date : 2009-12-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Shion (Awakened) - Reveiw by Pyrot

Post  pyrot53 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:08 am

idk, dont see a reason not too, unless you are running miroku in your earth.

But how many times do you use your matchless hero? I havent played earth in, well, ever but when I see it played I dont see matchless hero using his effect too much.
avatar
pyrot53
ANBU
ANBU

Posts : 1370
Points : 1949
Join date : 2009-07-01
Age : 23

http://2ezforums.withboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Shion (Awakened) - Reveiw by Pyrot

Post  visserac88 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:10 pm

is the promo 1st even block legal?
Due to lunchbox, I favor the turn zero shion over the 1 drop in earth.
If the promo 1st dumped the br's in the chakra, or even shuffle them back into the build, I'd like it more...

Hero however, adds more oil 2 the fire, but with the loss of dfc not so much anymore. Hold onto a pillars and it's gotta be almost a 90% win. built in negation effects are broke.

Hero is an sr for a reason...
The shonen promo is for over exsesive jutsus...
if your giving br's for the promo to come out, then your already losing field control. But if you go wak a moe with shion and gawd drop the 1st, power to ya.

Hero br promo I say...
avatar
visserac88
Shonen Jump Champion

Posts : 291
Points : 331
Join date : 2009-07-01
Age : 29
Location : MN

Back to top Go down

Re: Shion (Awakened) - Reveiw by Pyrot

Post  [chemical.kirby] on Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:30 pm

you don't use MH's effect much because your just holding it over your opponent's head
they gotta have at least 2 justus now to even try anything or justu+some other epic ninja effect

[chemical.kirby]
Chunin
Chunin

Posts : 112
Points : 124
Join date : 2009-12-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Shion (Awakened) - Reveiw by Pyrot

Post  pyrot53 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:02 pm

visserac88 wrote:is the promo 1st even block legal?
Due to lunchbox, I favor the turn zero shion over the 1 drop in earth.
If the promo 1st dumped the br's in the chakra, or even shuffle them back into the build, I'd like it more...

Hero however, adds more oil 2 the fire, but with the loss of dfc not so much anymore. Hold onto a pillars and it's gotta be almost a 90% win. built in negation effects are broke.

Hero is an sr for a reason...
The shonen promo is for over exsesive jutsus...
if your giving br's for the promo to come out, then your already losing field control. But if you go wak a moe with shion and gawd drop the 1st, power to ya.

Hero br promo I say...

1st is legal.

Its just an option, I dont see the need for negation all that much as everything is usually removal or stand by effects

but I do like negation that has added effects...
avatar
pyrot53
ANBU
ANBU

Posts : 1370
Points : 1949
Join date : 2009-07-01
Age : 23

http://2ezforums.withboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Shion (Awakened) - Reveiw by Pyrot

Post  Shikamaru pwns anyone on Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:10 am

It's more the threat than anything. The deck needs First with the lost of Nagare and disguise jutsu. The deck does not have that much negation anymore trust me ive tested it with block Sad

On topic:

I think 2 awakened and 1 small shion works just fine. The lower stats on shion just kill her in earth cause you already have a lot of under stat. Big shion is amazing to control their field even if i do push you to 7-8 You have maybe 1-2 ninjas.

I was playing deven at source. He hit perfect curve for medical. Shion his chiyo and caged his kank. Then baki to kill kank -_-
avatar
Shikamaru pwns anyone
Chunin
Chunin

Posts : 124
Points : 139
Join date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Shion (Awakened) - Reveiw by Pyrot

Post  Password on Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:41 am

Shikamaru pwns anyone wrote:It's more the threat than anything. The deck needs First with the lost of Nagare and disguise jutsu. The deck does not have that much negation anymore trust me ive tested it with block Sad

On topic:

I think 2 awakened and 1 small shion works just fine. The lower stats on shion just kill her in earth cause you already have a lot of under stat. Big shion is amazing to control their field even if i do push you to 7-8 You have maybe 1-2 ninjas.

I was playing deven at source. He hit perfect curve for medical. Shion his chiyo and caged his kank. Then baki to kill kank -_-

Use Karenbana if u need more negation...?
avatar
Password
ANBU
ANBU

Posts : 344
Points : 429
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 25
Location : Butler, PA

Back to top Go down

Re: Shion (Awakened) - Reveiw by Pyrot

Post  Shikamaru pwns anyone on Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:43 pm

Password wrote:
Shikamaru pwns anyone wrote:It's more the threat than anything. The deck needs First with the lost of Nagare and disguise jutsu. The deck does not have that much negation anymore trust me ive tested it with block Sad

On topic:

I think 2 awakened and 1 small shion works just fine. The lower stats on shion just kill her in earth cause you already have a lot of under stat. Big shion is amazing to control their field even if i do push you to 7-8 You have maybe 1-2 ninjas.

I was playing deven at source. He hit perfect curve for medical. Shion his chiyo and caged his kank. Then baki to kill kank -_-

Use Karenbana if u need more negation...?

Debating whether i want to play her. She is so risky though.
avatar
Shikamaru pwns anyone
Chunin
Chunin

Posts : 124
Points : 139
Join date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Shion (Awakened) - Reveiw by Pyrot

Post  Password on Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:50 pm

Shikamaru pwns anyone wrote:
Password wrote:
Shikamaru pwns anyone wrote:It's more the threat than anything. The deck needs First with the lost of Nagare and disguise jutsu. The deck does not have that much negation anymore trust me ive tested it with block Sad

On topic:

I think 2 awakened and 1 small shion works just fine. The lower stats on shion just kill her in earth cause you already have a lot of under stat. Big shion is amazing to control their field even if i do push you to 7-8 You have maybe 1-2 ninjas.

I was playing deven at source. He hit perfect curve for medical. Shion his chiyo and caged his kank. Then baki to kill kank -_-

Use Karenbana if u need more negation...?

Debating whether i want to play her. She is so risky though.

She's a last resort. If you have an answer in your hand, use it. If not, what do you have to lose?

I just wish she had a rank for Det. Kunai but thats not really a big deal...
avatar
Password
ANBU
ANBU

Posts : 344
Points : 429
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 25
Location : Butler, PA

Back to top Go down

Re: Shion (Awakened) - Reveiw by Pyrot

Post  pyrot53 on Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:02 pm

she has an interrupt, i believe, so even if you have an answer you can user her effect, if it fails you can use your answer.
avatar
pyrot53
ANBU
ANBU

Posts : 1370
Points : 1949
Join date : 2009-07-01
Age : 23

http://2ezforums.withboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Shion (Awakened) - Reveiw by Pyrot

Post  Password on Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:14 pm

pyrot53 wrote:she has an interrupt, i believe, so even if you have an answer you can user her effect, if it fails you can use your answer.

Not, its not...just checked. =(
avatar
Password
ANBU
ANBU

Posts : 344
Points : 429
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 25
Location : Butler, PA

Back to top Go down

Re: Shion (Awakened) - Reveiw by Pyrot

Post  visserac88 on Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:16 am

use her effect for your first option during a chain, she works well until you fail when banking on her.
avatar
visserac88
Shonen Jump Champion

Posts : 291
Points : 331
Join date : 2009-07-01
Age : 29
Location : MN

Back to top Go down

Re: Shion (Awakened) - Reveiw by Pyrot

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum